Does mac have a system restore option like windows?

Reaction score
As a new mac owner i just wondered if this existed since i had to use it on windows xp and it got me out of some tough spots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
Time Machine.

Doug

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Yes Time Machine (TM); but even better than System Restore in that you can restore to a previous time, but also go back in time and retrieve a single or multiple deleted files selectively without having to restore the whole system.

Get an EHD at least equal in GB to your internal HD. Format it to Apple (some come already done); Activate TM which will copy everything at first and update hourly for 24 hours, then daily and subsequently weekly.

It's fairly intuitive, but come back if you want blow-by-blow instructions on setting it up.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.