Installation of 10.6.3

Reaction score
Hello guys!

I want to reinstall my Mac Pro DESKTOP A1289 because it is starting to become buggy.

I have an original Retail 10.6.3 Snow Leopard install disc which i have used for both my iMac and my Macbook Pro laptop, worked flawlessly!

I rebooted my Mac Pro Desktop with the CD in the drive, and kept holding down the C. The drive just "spun" up, and then came down again. No boot!

I tried with several other medias (knowing that i can only use the original or retail) - no success! It wont even boot on the DVD that came from my iMac.

I tried making a bootable USB drive with OSX on it, no success on the Mac Pro, again it worked on my iMac and Macbook Pro.

So i decided to start up OSX again, but now the screen is just grey with an apple. No loading?

Summa summarum:

I have tried replacing the harddrive, the memory, and the drive with a blu-ray drive, brand new. Nothing happens, i simply just CANT boot the mac from USB, or DVD. What is wrong? Do i REALLY need 10.6.4 DVD retail, the NEWEST one?

I kicked in a Windows XP CD, and it installed without hesitating, now knowing that nor the HDD, memory or anything else has errors.

When I try to boot up installation it just stays at the grey apple nomatter if i choose boot from External USB, or DVD.

BONUS INFO:
The external hard drive stops spinning if i select that as the boot-device, the same does the DVD.

I don't have the original installation medium any longer since this Mac is a computer that i have purchased very affordabe trough my ex employer.

Kind Regards
Michael

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Well it will never boot with the disc that came with another machine, the silver grey disc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.