Help with packagemaker

Reaction score
I'm in need of some help with packagemaker. I'm trying to install a USB driver along with an application that I have developed in Java. I'm getting errors when I install the driver using a software installer built by packagemaker. I get the following:

System extension cannot be used

"/System/Library/Extensions/ExarUSBCDCACM.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it or contact the product's vendor for an update.

I got it to work once and thought it was a permissions problem. But rebuilt the install package with a new version of the application and it gave me the same problem. I believe the driver works as I received it from Exar and have communicated with my embedded device with it.

I'm willing to pay money for the help. If you feel like spending some time on the phone with me. I'm located in Utah and usually work late into the evening.

Thanks
kmansfie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Do I understand this correctly that you resolved it before by fixing permissions? Why not just package along a script to correct these permissions, should they be incorrect?

I'd start with the Exar documentation as to make sure the installation procedure is correct and what would cause this type of error ... oh and the all-time favourite - look through logs if available :-D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.