WiFi driving me insane *******

acb

Reaction score
Hi guys, Im sorry to post my first thread as a "please help", I really am, but my Wifi is driving me insane. I'll leave aside my iPad problems for now, my real drama is that the wife's laptop (Macbook 13.3 uni) has decides it doesnt want to connect to the network anymore. Running cable through a DLink router. My 17" MB Pro works just fine. The 13.3 used to work ok but for some random reason decided it no longer wants to play on the network. Have tried everything (I can think of) - last thing tried was copying the DNS etc settings from my comp that works fine (using wife's own IP), but no - no luck. Im wondering whether or not there is some way I can copy my network settings from my working laptop to hers?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

First thing to try is reset the router. (Check documentation) Then go over all entries in System Preferences, Network. You might also try establishing a new connection for her. An ethernet connection should be fairly easy to trouble shoot as there is no WiFi involved or security.

Reaction score
I would also try cerating a new user on the Mac and see if that user can connect. It could be a corrupt file that is causing the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.