Game saves from iPhone to iPad

Reaction score
Just received an iPad for xmas (LOVE IT!) But I noticed when I transferred angry birds and Plants vs. Zombies to the iPad I lost all saved game data.

This also happened to my GF who received a new iPod Touch. She lost all game saves. I assumed iTunes would transfer that data as well to the new device.

am I wrong in this assumption? Is there an easy fix??:\

Thanks in advance, and have a good New Year!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I switched from a iPhone 3G to iPhone 4 and the way I got my game saves to come along was to do a backup of my iPhone 3G and then restore that backup to the iPhone 4.

But this requires that the 2 devices are at the same iOS version. Not sure how that works going from the iPhone to iPad..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
The iPad uses different apps. Well, same app, different resolution. So when you bought Angry Birds for your iPad (HD), its not the same as Angry Birds. Same thing with the iPod Touch. Developers needed to update their apps so they can run on the retina screen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.