How to host multiple sites with iWeb & Mobileme?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 11;2, OS X 10.6.4, 3.06 Ghz Dual Core Processor, 4 GB RAM
I know this might've been asked, and I have been reading, but can someone explain to me how or if it's possible to host multiple sites with mobile me account using iWeb.
I'm new to Mac-Forums but I've updated my profile and plan to be here for a while so please help if you can. Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac - 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo 2, 1TB HD, 4GB RAM, 10.6.7
Yes I suppose so. In your case you could have

web.me.com/accountname/site1

web.me.com/accountname/site2

web.me.com/accountname/site3

etc.

To host more just upload more in iWeb, or using the web based navigation in your idisk, put your sites into Web/Sites/

Hope this helps

Will

C

chas_m

Nothing so complicated is necessary. iWeb itself can create multiple sites, I've been doing this for years. The sites do not have anything to do with each other (unless I choose to link them).

159663.image0.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, i3, 3.6ghz, 21.5", 4gb Ram OSx 10.6.6
I know this might've been asked, and I have been reading, but can someone explain to me how or if it's possible to host multiple sites with mobile me account using iWeb.
I'm new to Mac-Forums but I've updated my profile and plan to be here for a while so please help if you can. Thank you.

Hi I actually managed to work this out by accident today,

Ok what you first do is create 2 or more domain names for this example I’m going to use: Site1.com & Site2.com

Then create your sites in iWeb

Now using MobileMe's settings at www.me.com add Site1.com to the domain name. (You need to setup a Cname, your domain name Registrar should be able to help do this)

In iWeb set up MobileMe by entering your details, and upload Site1.com

Ok at this point you have 1 site hosted.

Now upload Site2.com

You will be given a URL like: www.site1.com/Site2

Now this is the harder bit but still easy, go to your domain name Registrars site go to the settings for Site2.com and setup Web forward, you want to set up the Forwarding setting using "Framed web-forwarding to a single page" this way the domain name (www.site2.com) will come up in the address field not the site location (www.site1.com/site2)

All you need to do is copy the URL www.site1.com/site2 into the destination field in the setup of the forwarding settings. As I’m not sure what your Registrars site and setup options are like you may need to get help from them if you are unsure, just remember you need to setup a:
Framed web-forwarding to a single page
‘If you select web-forwarding to a single page the destination URL can have a specific filename on the end (e.g. index.htm).
It could just point to a directory (URL ends with /) in which case the files displayed would depend on the webserver 'directory index' settings.
The destination URL will be replaced by site2.com.’

I Know I not the best at making tutorials but I hope this helps and if anyone needs any more help please leave a comment and I will try and get back to you.

Rich

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.