G5 dual1.8 unexpected shutdown

S

skiddo

hey people, have searched as best i could and have found nothing that helps me - any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

my G5 dual 1.8 keeps shutting itself off part way through encoding idvd (4.0.1) projects. in frustration i decided to burn the dvd as a video in toast. same again. i come back and my machine is powered down.

so tried to compress the video to fit on a cd as a .mov... same again.

my machine is tigered has 3 gb of ram and just passed it's hardware test. i ran verification of permissions too.

many thanks in advance.
lost in frustration manchester uk

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
there is a new version of iDVD 5.0.1 so id suggest you update to that first then see what happens because toast might used the back end of iDvd to do the encoding

OP
S

skiddo

inflexion said:
there is a new version of iDVD 5.0.1 so id suggest you update to that first then see what happens because toast might used the back end of iDvd to do the encoding

thanks for that. almost bought it today anyways, but am thinking if it doesn't work i'm just gonna be £50 lighter...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.