"Unable to create Users/Admin/Pictures/Folder Name"- iPhoto '11

Reaction score
I need some help here…why won't iPhoto create the new folder I told it to create? Why won't it export to the new folder? Does anybody know how to solve this issue? No matter what folder I point it to, it won't export.

I imported the photos off my new iPod touch and edited them, but I don't think that's the problem, or is it? My iPod touch is still connected to the computer, still visible in iTunes and iPhoto as I'm typing this. In the past I've been able to take photos off my digital camera and import them into iPhoto '09, and then export the photos to a folder. Did Apple change something here?

<See attached>

Specifications:

MacBook 6,1; OS X 10.6.5
iPhoto '11
iPod touch 4th generation; 32 GB

Note: the folder I created is called iPhoto- Camera Roll, located in Users/Admin/Pictures/. I named it such as I often export my iPhoto pictures of a certain event into a folder in the Pictures folder on my hard drive.

Screen shot 2010-12-28 at 1.12.40 PM.PNG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Didn't think that anyone actually gave themselves the username "admin" anymore lol.
Anywho have you tried to just export to your desktop to this if this works?
Also have you tried creating the folder first and then get iphoto to export into it after?
Hope one of these works.

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried both of those that you mentioned. I get the same thing.

And while I know I shouldn't use the administrative account, I chose Admin because it makes me sound like I'm the head honcho of my computer hahaha. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Sounds like some read/ write permissions gone awry. Try repairing permissions using disk utility, reboot then try again.

And while I know I shouldn't use the administrative account, I chose Admin because it makes me sound like I'm the head honcho of my computer hahaha. :D

Can't blame you, it does sound cool lol ;P

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just occurred to me... bare with me... try holding the cmd+alt keys and clicking iphoto in the dock, when iphoto launches it should bring up an options windows, mark the "Examine and repair iPhoto Library file permissions" box and then click Repair.

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
I tried both options you have given me. It still will not export them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.