typing problem

Reaction score
hey, while i type on my Macbook it decides to auto select everything i typed and then it erases it cause i keep typing.... and if i type with my hands off the track pad it does it anyways when i put my wrist beside the track pad. Does anyone know how to fix this? Or do i need to replace my trackpad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Check if you have "Tap to Click" enabled in System Preferences> Track pad.

Reaction score
typing

I have been having this same problem for as long as I've had this MacBook. It skips all over when I'm typing -- SOMETIMES, but not all the time. It's doing it now!!! Sometimes it highlights the text and then deletes it all (thank GOD for - edit, undo!) Sometimes it also skips around in the text. SO ANNOYING! I've tried changing the settings in Systems Preferences - tracking pad, but nothing works. HELP!
Turned CLICKING on... and checked "Ignore accidental trackpad input." Any other ideas. These don't work.
THanks so much!

Reaction score
I also had this problem. It seems that the trackpad is very sensative even the the "ignore accidental input" turned on. So, I bought an external mouse and have the pad disabled when it is on, especially if I am creating a large word or pages document.

Reaction score
I to have a problem with accidental jumping around while typing and am wondering how to turn off touch pad after installing a wireless mouse.

Reaction score
I'm not on my mac right now but I would check under system prefs/trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Suzyhok, is tap to click on? (System Pref. Track pad)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.