Logic Board Dead- What to do?

Reaction score
I have a white Macbook that I purchased four years ago. My Apple Care has expired. A few months ago, my logic board died. I took it to the Apple Store and they told me it will cost $600 to get it fixed. I've asked around other places as well and I am getting the same price.

I am not sure what to do. Should I get it fixed? Should I buy a new laptop? Should I sell my Macbook for the parts first?

Please help!

Reaction score
Even iFixIt was 500 or so. For that I would simply buy a new computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
There are some logic board repair services on eBay that run between $175-$300. But, if you could possibly afford it, you should be shopping for a new computer.

If you are going to sell your old macbook prior to buying a new one, pull the hard drive out and keep it. This way you will have all of your data when you get the new one.

If it is 4 years old, that makes either a Core Duo, or a first run Core 2 Duo. If the case is in good shape with no cracks or chips, I think it would be worth about $125-150. If it is rough shape, around $75-100.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.