automator not working correctly ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac powermac6.1 G4 OS 10.4.11
Hi All

I am making a first attempt to use automator to speed up a task. I have a large number of images which I want to transfer onto a fairly simple phone. All the images show as PIC in get info. The phone can show jpg but it did not seem to recognise the PIC files when transferred over. Through browsing I found reference to automator and researched setting it up to batch process the images from PIC to jpg, however when the automator is set to run it shows as having gone through all the processes but there is no new jpg file image. I set automator to create a new file and leave the original.
I would be grateful for any advice or ideas as to where I might be going wrong.

Thank you in advance.

Mac OS 10.4.11
Machine Name: iMac
Machine Model: PowerMac6,1
CPU Type: PowerPC G4 (3.3)
Number Of CPUs: 1
CPU Speed: 1 GHz
L2 Cache (per CPU): 256 KB
Memory: 768 MB
Bus Speed: 133 MHz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Your most likely not doing anything wrong, the image covert function that Automator has is pretty limited in the formats it can convert. It says it can convert BMP, GIF, JPEG, JPEG 2000, PDF, PICT (Not to be confused with PIC), PNG, and TIFF.
I'm not sure if there is anything out there that will convert them, Googles Picasa was suggested on another forum but it requires an Intel processor. :Grimmace:

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac powermac6.1 G4 OS 10.4.11
automator reply McYukon

Hi McYukon

thanks very much for your help and advice. I will take this onboard. I do have a friend with an intel mac so I may ask to convert the files on their machine.

Thanks once again

regards

Sandy Mac

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thanks MacYukon. I tested that the other day after I read the OP's question. I misread the description of the action step and thought it supported that format. When it didn't work I was really confused. Hadn't had time to get back to working on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.