Mac Mini Drive Burning Error

Reaction score
When ever i try to burn a movie/DMG/ISO ect. using disk utillity or Toast 10 titanium it would come up with this error.

xZacg.png

i have visited the local apple store and the guy told me to do an "archive and install" because it could be an software fault, but I have tried this and it has the same results. and the strange thing is it can read disks but can't burn them

I though I would see if anyone knew what the problem was before i went back to the store.

thanks

Toby :)

Reaction score
Could be a dirty drive or a failing drive as well. Have you tried to clean your drive? I would try a small burst of air (just a little) or one of those CD lens cleaners.

Reaction score
Normally it isn't a good idea but when they aren't working what do you have to lose?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How old is the Mini? And what other ideas are you looking for? The drive is either failing or has already failed. If you don't wish to try the cleaning solution, the other alternative is to change out the drive. Or, you could purchase an external USB optical drive. External optical drives are inexpensive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.