burning music from cds?

L

lotus-moon

I am so excited I made this investment but somehow I think I'm learning slower than the average newbie. The Mac store guy told me to 'dumb down' from my MS-WinXP days .. but I'm afraid I've dumb'd down too far. lol
I have tried to figure out how and feel as dumb as a box of nails. :p
Can anyone give me step by advice on how2 burn a cd for audio? I have once been able to save document files with my cd-rw.
Lotus-moon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
use itunes to burn music and the finder to burn anything (thats burnable).
in itunes: make a playlist of the songs you want to burn, make sure its in order if you care. when finished, at the top right of the window theres a burn button. insert the blank cd-r/cd-rw into the slot loading drive and hit burn. itll check the disk to make sure its right and the burn button will begin to glow. hit burn again to burn.

in finder: insert cd, it asks what you want to do, click open finder. now open your hard drive and find the files you need. drag them into the CD on the left. when finished finding the files and putting them into the burn folder hit burn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
make sure your iTunes is set up to burn audio CD's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.