How to Create Virtual CD to Fool iTunes?

Reaction score
I legally own a number of albums on vinyl, which I have digitized to my PC and edited on my windows PC in aiff or wav (removing pops/ clicks and so on). In addition I have a number of legal CDs that have sufficient read errors to prevent foolproof rips using itunes, so I ripped them using Exact Audio Copy on my PC to aiff or wav; which gave a better rip.

Now I'd like to import these files into my mac (OS 10.5.8) itunes library. The problem is that itunes will not add title/ track metadata from Gracenote to anything that is not imported from an actual CD into iTunes.

Is there a way to create a virtual CD drive on the mac to which I will "burn" these files into, creating a virtual audio CD which itunes can see as an audio CD and thus import as an audio CD, looking up track names from GraceNote?

Note- You will be surprised- GraceNote will find correct title/track info for analog recordings more often than you think. I burned a set of wav files from an analog LP record to audio CD format and it found the correct info; however I don't want to create actual CDs for all these albums and waste the CDs. I'd rather go the virtual CD route if possible.

Reaction score
Why not convert the files to mp3 and then just add them to the library?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
OP
J
Reaction score
Why not convert the files to mp3 and then just add them to the library?

??? What will that do? I'd just have a bunch of "track1" mp3 files? and "track 2" and so on? It wouldn't lookup the album/ title info which is why I have asked this question.

Reaction score
OMG, you are going to have to type! How do you think that ITunes is going to determine what it is?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.