Structural Analysis software

Reaction score
I am new to Mac as of a month- jumped the Window ship for Mac- and I am looking for freeware or affordable Structural Analysis software that can help me to calculate and determine whether the load, force, shear, bending, etc is safe or not.

I am trying to design my home building a Timber Frame(TF) house and I am using Sketchup8 with TF rubies but I still need to calculate whether my design is safe before I can actually implement the design.

Any help or advice is much appreciated! I already tried googling it up with no luck. I found one on OpenSource but the software was more of input the number to get the result and it doesn't have graph/chart output which can be an issue when presenting my work to the Engineer in order to obtain the stamp on my plan. I would prefer to show the graph/chart of the load so it will save time since most Engineer charges $100 an hour.

Again, thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Structural Analysis Software

Did you ever find some good open source or free Structural Analysis software for Mac OS X?

Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.