macbok harddrive crashed..help!

Reaction score
macbook harddrive crashed..help!

i have an '07 macbook, the harddrive just crashed for the first time (appearently i'm lucky i went so long?)

i just bought a replacement and it should be coming next week.
my question is..will i need to reinstall leopard? (i was just running leopard, not snow leopard..)
or can i buy snow leopard and do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Yes. Your MacBook has an Intel processor so you can install Snow Leopard without needing to install Leopard first.
And because you already have Leopard you can get the 29$ Snow Leopard upgrade disks, instead of buying the Box set for a whole lot more.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply!
so after installing the new harddrive, i can just install snow leopard, correct?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the new hard drive, hen place in the SL disc, boot holding down 'C', after English, go to Utilities in the Menu bar, Disk Utility > Partition even if only a single partition which you must select, and format Mac OS Extended, back to Installer and run, and then update to OS X.6.5 using the Combo Updater from the Apple web site.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.