itunes data wiped clean..not sure where to post this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
so today i downloaded 4 new songs from itunes while on my phone at work..

just got home and went to go sync and all my itunes data is gone lol...wiped clean!

i do back up and after 15 minutes of trying to figure out what happened i dragged and dropped all my media which was a pain!

guess i need to know how can i make sure this does not happen again..

and second, i did recover all my media movies,tv shows,apps etc however those 4 songs i bought earlier on my phone i did not get a chance to get them on my computer..so they were not backed up.
i went to repurchase them and was charged a second time..is that normal since i paid once already?

sorry a bit long..tia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
so today i downloaded 4 new songs from itunes while on my phone at work..

just got home and went to go sync and all my itunes data is gone lol...wiped clean!

i do back up and after 15 minutes of trying to figure out what happened i dragged and dropped all my media which was a pain!

guess i need to know how can i make sure this does not happen again..

You might have to explain yourself a little better here as im a little confuses as to where the Media got wiped from... The iPhone or your Mac/PC

and second, i did recover all my media movies,tv shows,apps etc however those 4 songs i bought earlier on my phone i did not get a chance to get them on my computer..so they were not backed up.
i went to repurchase them and was charged a second time..is that normal since i paid once already?

It is my belief that once you have purchased through iTunes that if you try to purchase it again, it should bring up a msg saying this content has already been purchased.... I know this happens with Apps and Movies, so should be the same with Music.

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks for the response..

sorry for the confusion. my itunes on my pc..and it happened again tonight

i go to turn on the computer and bamn...my itunes is empty

no songs,movies..nothing

OP
a.j.c.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
oh and to add..apple does charge a second time to re download music etc

the only thing they will let u re-download for free are apps

C

chas_m

It sounds like you have some difference in the accounts on your PC's iTunes and your phone's iTunes, and so whenever you sync you are resetting it to the "other" account. If that's not the case, you should probably call Apple about this before you lose more stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.