google.analytics.com pop-up in Safari.

Reaction score
Just recently, my Safari browser will randomly open a pop-up window (even though "Block pop-up windows" is enabled) and the url will always start with google.analytics.com before it eventually changes and sends me to some website. Anyone know how I can get rid of this? I tried reseting Safari, but it still happens.

And I know, I know... Someone will feel the need to tell me how much better Chrome/Firefox is than Safari. I'll probably switch soon. I just want to get rid of whatever this is first.

MacBook Pro OS 10.5.8

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
When you reset Safari, did you include 'delete all cookies'? I can't be 100% certain, but I think you'll find a google cookie is the source and cause of the popup. You can trace it manually through Safari > Prefs > Security > Show Cookies.

The latest Safari update btw includes enhanced popup blocking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.