• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

I'm looking for some hardware and software.

Reaction score
1. Component video capture device (i already have a composite i need a component).
2. A software that allows me to record video and sound of my computer screen (like if i make a guide on how to do this and that i can record w/e i do on my computer screen)

I want to see if any exist for MAC (or windows), the names, and possible price range.

Sorry if this is in the wrong section and TYVM for your help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Dunno about 1

But 2 is built into Snow leopard, Quicktime X allows you to do screen recordings

OP
L
Reaction score
Dunno about 1

But 2 is built into Snow leopard, Quicktime X allows you to do screen recordings

There was an issue.

It did not record sound and the only way i could record any sound was to use a microphone and it kept picking up some weird sound like a whistling, chirping echo-y thing...

And i use my microphone with iMovie a lot and it never did it before so i assume it's an error with quicktime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
#2 Jing is a great App for Screen Capture with Audio . . . I like this one alot and is so very simple to use as well

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Here is a list of screen capture apps I maintain for my self.

FREE: OS X 10.6: QuickTime screen capture built in.
ScreenFlow - $99: Screencasting Software - ScreenFlow Overview - Telestream
Camtasia - $99 (or that was a special down from $149): TechSmith | Camtasia Screen Recorder Software, Home
iShowU - $30/$60: Products
Screenium - $29: Synium - Screenium
Screenflick - $29: Araelium Group : Screenflick - Screen Recording / Capture
Jing - free/$15: TechSmith | Jing, instant screenshots and screencasts, home
Snapz Pro X - $69: Snapz Pro X | Ambrosia Software, Inc. (Crusty old OS 9 based software. Video capture limited to startup disk. Limited codec save options. Can capture partial screen. Stalls logins.)

Others I haven't heard of. They need to make a name for them selfs:
ScreenRecord - $16: Mien Software
Screen Movie Recorder - €10: AlphaOmega Software
Screen Mimic - $65: Screen Mimic: Screen recording with native Flash export for the Mac
CaptureIt! - $30: Deep Informational Technologies
Voila Mac Screen Capture - $30: Voila 3.0.1 - Screen Capture Software for Mac | Mac Web Capture | Image Editing Tool
CaptureMe- FREE: Capture Me - Screen Capture Software for Mac OS X
macVCR - £5.99 :macVCR Macintosh OSX Screen Recording
Screenography - $10/$40 :Vertical Moon | Take Screen and Movie Captures

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.