Notification Alert for Dock Stacks

Reaction score
So, I know this might be a little bit tricky but recently I've managed to customize my desktop exactly how I like it. It is very sexy.

One problem I do have and can't seem to fix or find a solution anywhere on the internet is how to create a small alert for my "downloads" shortcut folder in my dock like iChat when you receive a new message. The image isn't the issue I'm just wondering what you would have to do to enable a folder to do this.

I want the notifications because I prefer to have the "downloads" stack as a folder rather than the stack display in the dock. The only downside is whenever something finishes downloading the icon will bounce once and that is it. It'd be nice to have a small red alert overlay (like a red circle or something) whenever there are new, unchecked downloads.

Help much appreciated!

<Edit> an image of my dock to understand what I mean:
picture2qw.png

OP
Customization
Reaction score
I know right? :p

I don't think it'd be tooooo hard. Some sort of script maybe?

They should make an app/option in superdocker to make my life easier

PS: NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
PS: NEVERMIND I FIGURED IT OUT :)

Would be really nice if you came back and shared your solution with us. It might well help someone in the future with the same problem, or someone wanting to do it

Cheers

OP
Customization
Reaction score
I lied, I nearly got it to work through writing my own folder action but turns out making an alert for when downloads are completed is difficult :(

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.