Help Using LaCie DVDRW ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
I'm trying to figure out how to burn my files to a DVD disc, using my LaCie SuperWrite Master Speed Plus.

I tried using Toast 9 that is on the CD, but it's not working.

I'm sure there is a simple solution .....

My computer is a MacPro 2.93GHz, running Snow Leopard 10.6.4.

Help!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Toast 9 is not really compatible with Snow Leopard, it was a Tiger era release. Toast 10 would be the one you'd need.
However, you can use Disk Utility to burn, or download Burn, a free disc burning application.

Burn - Home

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
Toast 9 is not really compatible with Snow Leopard, it was a Tiger era release. Toast 10 would be the one you'd need.
However, you can use Disk Utility to burn, or download Burn, a free disc burning application.

Burn - Home

Does Toast 10 allow for Write Sessions on DVD, CDs, or both?

Thanks. I figured out how to burn the DVDs. Used the old application, Disc Burner, but it doesn't have any option, no menu, absolutely nothing! Just one click, "BURN." That's it. No settings, no preferences, nothing.

Just burn, and be done. The app wouldn't even allow me to name my disc! And when I finished burning the 2.4GB of data, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data, even though the DVD is a double-layer (8.5 GB data).

I also tried using Toast Basic NV, which worked. I was able to name the disc, and burn around 8GB of data. Again, the DVD was locked, so I couldn't add any more data.

Looks like I'll be burning to the discs only once in a great while (like once or twice a year, since I'll have to burn everything all over again. What a waste!

I'll be using SDHC cards for updating my files frequently, and also updating files to my two external hard drives.

Maybe I can find some way to do Multiple Sessions with CDs ....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
That one click burn is a good setting. Using toast and newer superdrives have always found it best to let the burner run at its own speed rather than forcing 16X or 22X. Use Toast 8 with Snow L:eopard and never misses a beat, DVD's will lock after one burn unless multi option is chosen and to burn 8GB you will need DL media

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Does Toast 10 allow for Write Sessions on DVD, CDs, or both?

Toast will allow for write sessions only on CDs. That's not a Toast restriction, however. It's an OS X restriction. For multiple write sessions to DVD media you'll need to use Windows software such as Nero or Ashampoo.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.