l
V

2.66GHz Intel Core i7
4GB 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM - 2x2GB
500GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm
SuperDrive 8x (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
MacBook Pro 15-inch Glossy Widescreen Display
Backlit Keyboard (English) & User's Guide

and it seems like i have zoo many problems with games people say they play all the time on this computer, games im talking about is like Civ, Doom, Sims, Half Life

all those games do not work very well at all, Any suggestions ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
We need more info....

On Bootcamp or Mac OS X?
Do you have all the newest drivers?

OP
M
Reaction score
sorry im not to good with computers

1) Drivers? lol

2) im just playing downloaded games but sims 3 i bought and is bad

performance

3) the latest OS with Snow Leopard i think

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
How about you actually describe the problems so maybe we can try to help?

OP
M
Reaction score
well here ill explain the latest disaster

Doom 3 Demo

as soon as i loaded it up it ran good the menus, but gameplay the default setting the edges looked all sharp, lags soooooo bad even on lowest setting, and it just overall is not playable

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
So, we are to assume you never installed the drivers in windows?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
It has nothing to do with the windows thing its all a mac thing, and like i said KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MACS lol

The reason Windows is getting mentioned is that many people install Windows on their Macs in order to play games. There are many games that do indeed have Mac-specific versions, and judging by your reaction, I'm going to guess that you are using the actual Mac versions. With that said, it would be great if you could clarify one way or the other.

Also, there has been a relatively recent update to the some of the system software that plays a role in the performance of games. So, if you haven't done so recently, please be sure to run 'Software Update', but clicking the Apple menu and selecting 'Software Update' and allowing any needed updates to install.

OP
M
Reaction score
The reason Windows is getting mentioned is that many people install Windows on their Macs in order to play games. There are many games that do indeed have Mac-specific versions, and judging by your reaction, I'm going to guess that you are using the actual Mac versions. With that said, it would be great if you could clarify one way or the other.

Also, there has been a relatively recent update to the some of the system software that plays a role in the performance of games. So, if you haven't done so recently, please be sure to run 'Software Update', but clicking the Apple menu and selecting 'Software Update' and allowing any needed updates to install.

i just did scanned for software update but there was none for me idk should this computer be able to play games like this or is it just a productivity laptop because thats the only thing i know about a mac is apps

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i just did scanned for software update but there was none for me idk should this computer be able to play games like this or is it just a productivity laptop because thats the only thing i know about a mac is apps

Absolutely it should. Again, assuming you're using the Mac versions (you still haven't clarified that matter), you may take a bit of a performance hit, since many Mac games are not full ports - instead, they use an emulation technology called Cider, and that can introduce some overhead. Assuming you've bumped up the resolution to match your high res display, you could introduce some stuttering. Rather than trying to use the highest resolution, I'd suggest turning the quality settings up and reducing the resolution to something like 1440x900.

Also, if you're running an Anti-virus product, that can inhibit the performance of games as well.

OP
M
Reaction score
Absolutely it should. Again, assuming you're using the Mac versions (you still haven't clarified that matter), you may take a bit of a performance hit, since many Mac games are not full ports - instead, they use an emulation technology called Cider, and that can introduce some overhead. Assuming you've bumped up the resolution to match your high res display, you could introduce some stuttering. Rather than trying to use the highest resolution, I'd suggest turning the quality settings up and reducing the resolution to something like 1440x900.

Also, if you're running an Anti-virus product, that can inhibit the performance of games as well.
heres what ill do i go to the apple site and download the DEMO for Bioshock and if you would not mind what are the recommended setting and ill see if it works

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
heres what ill do i go to the apple site and download the DEMO for Bioshock and if you would not mind what are the recommended setting and ill see if it works

Leave it at the defaults and see how it runs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.