something went wrong with my UI help!

Reaction score
Im not sure what i might have done but all the icons in my finder have gone blank and also the text in my finder has gone white.

as seen here
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/lqdboard/finder.jpg

also when i right click the dock the window that pops up changed to transparent and the text is white making it impossible to read unless there is a dark window under it.

seen here:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/lqdboard/dock2.jpg

the white font also extends to the other menus when i scroll over them.

seen here:
http://i1133.photobucket.com/albums/m585/lqdboard/menu.jpg

if anyone knows what i might have switched or how i can reset the entire UI settings please help its rather anoying haha

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Did you try to reboot first of all?

OP
L
Reaction score
yes ive rebooted and ive deleted the finder preferences and that did nothing either.

i was gonna try reinstalling the os but im out of the country so id have to wait till i get back home

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
What did you do before it happened?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
That is very strange. Do you use any UI modifications?

OP
L
Reaction score
changed the name of my trash can using the terminal and created spaces in my dock and i tried to install the liscio theme for mac which is what i think did it and i tried to uninstall after i read that you shouldnt use it on snow leopard but the changes didnt go back to normal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
changed the name of my trash can using the terminal and created spaces in my dock and i tried to install the liscio theme for mac which is what i think did it and i tried to uninstall after i read that you shouldnt use it on snow leopard but the changes didnt go back to normal

^^
This is what it sounds like the cause is!

Could be worth just going out and spending approx $29 to get yourself another copy of SL and reinstalling so you can use your Mac until you get home.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup. The theme definately would've screwed something up there. I think candybar was what I used to use for changing themes. Was cool but can mess things up if you don't know what your doing.

OP
L
Reaction score
i guess ill just wait its nothing that doesnt let me use the computer but its extremely annoying. almost all pulll down menus are unreadable and the contacts from ichat and address book are blank except for the pictures

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wish I could be of more help but seems your going to need to do some OS installing when you arrive home. I hope you learned something from all of this :) Research research research!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you read the 'read me' file and backed up the files it tells you to, then all you have to do is move those files back where they belong.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.