Looking for a Brightness App

Reaction score
So I've only had my macbook pro 13" since Christmas and there has been one thing that really annoyed me. I want to find an app that will keep my brightness setting to where it was and not change it when I disconnect the power cord. Because when I have the power cord in I like to run my computer at full keyboard and screen brightness. And when it running on its battery I use both of them at a really low setting. But when I plug it back it it only goes up a few notches and not back to where I had it originally. So I was hoping that their is a setting or an app that will allow me to do that. Thanks for the help! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Just go to the Apple menu then System Preferences, then Energy Saver preferences and change it on there. I'm on my Windows side right now, but will switch over in about 10 minutes if you still need help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi and welcome to the forum ..

Not sure of a App to do this, but have you played with the settings in System Preferences>Energy Savers ......

And the F1 & F2 keys are just there to press ....

Just throwing things out there as im not sure how much you do and dont know about Macs

OP
W
Reaction score
That will allow me to change when the screen will go darker, but I want it so when I put the charger back in it changes the keyboard and screen brightness to its fullest settings without me having to do it.

OP
W
Reaction score
yes I did play with those settings but like I said all it does is change when the screen dims because of inactivity. Unless there is something I didn't see.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Try going to System Preferences then Displays then uncheck the box next to "Automatically adjust brightness"

Meh, that doesn't work.
I don't know of any apps. I would say Google it, if not just use the function keys at the top of your keyboard. I'm pretty sure it's built into OS X to dim the screen to save on battery.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah, well hopefully I'll find something on google. Oh well if I don't, its not really a big deal if I have to push the buttons.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.