iPod noob needs help finding good free apps/games

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just got a 32GB iPod Touch 4G for Xmas as my very first iPod, I have to say it is the most amazing little device I have ever owned :). I love everything about it, have run into no problems whatsoever, and I couldn't be happier. However, being my first iPod, I have no clue what apps/games are the good ones and which ones are the ones to avoid. I have quite a few though, maybe 1 1/2-2 pages, but I still feel like there's a lot missing. Im not willing to pay for anything yet, but I'd like some help finding the must-have free apps/games/utilities for a complete iPod noob :)

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it :)!

-McDougal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Facebook
ESPN Mobile
Pandora
NYTimes
Tap Tap Revenge
IMDB
Bubblewrap
All I can think of that I had on my old iPod. Sorry, don't use iPod's anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Cut the Rope
Fruit Ninja (.99 c but well worth it)
Words with Friends
OvenBreak
Froggy Jump
Twitter

Also if you want to find more free most have apps go into the top 25 free apps. Sometimes developers put their apps for free for a day or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
Get the app called, of all things, AppShopper. Its a free app and you can filter for free apps in many different categories. It has been a real life saver, well a money saver anyway, for me!

C

chas_m

In addition to STRONGLY seconding schweb's suggestion, I will only say Harbor Master. You will hate me for having said this once you download it, as all your productivity will completely disappear. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
In addition to STRONGLY seconding schweb's suggestion, I will only say Harbor Master. You will hate me for having said this once you download it, as all your productivity will completely disappear. :)

I love Harbor Master, I play it all the time :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.