Https:// issue possibly related to redirect virus

Reaction score
So last night, i discovered i had the redirect virus/trojan which was effecting wikipedia and kept redirecting me to some ebay listing. it was effecting both firefox and safari....i uninstalled firefox and cleared all the history and cache for safari..i then downloaded google chrome and restarted me computer. this seemed to have fixed it...now wikipedia works and i in fact love google chrome.

now, today i have a problem..i was trying to login to dish network and it said it's https:// was "unverified" this NEVER happened to me before. It unverified for both safari and googlechrome...chase, facebook, and other sites are still verified and safe. I was wondering if this is related to the former redirect and that i possibly never got rid of it....i don't want my information stolen.

also, i noticed that my DNS is grayed out and i remember reading somewhere that it's a symptom of the virus..

what do i do?

PS im running OSX 10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Do you know there are no Mac OS X viruses?

What type of machine are you using?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.