Running PC game on Macbook Pro

Reaction score
OK, I have already installed Windows 7 on to my Macbook
installed the Mac boot camp software into Windows 7
i also have the VM Ware tool so i can run mac os x and windows 7 at the same time...
windows 7 runs perfectly when i am running it through VM ware... able to run it on 1440x900 but the only problem is they recognise my windows 7 as running on 1gb RAM
I was told by my friend to run windows 7 from the start.... but when i do...
dont no the technical side of it but where top of each program... where it suppose to be seethrough but it isnt. like when you install something on windows it changes mode
anyway... it also doesnt allow me to run it on 1440x900

GAME:
I been trying to run Splinter Cell Conviction through Steam.
it seems to work fine with VM ware but lack of RAM result in program quiting itself.
with running windows 7 from start Splinter Cell doesnt even run...

Any chance I can get a little help with this...
THANK YOU!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
dont no the technical side of it but where top of each program... where it suppose to be seethrough but it isnt. like when you install something on windows it changes mode
anyway... it also doesnt allow me to run it on 1440x900

GAME:
I been trying to run Splinter Cell Conviction through Steam.
it seems to work fine with VM ware but lack of RAM result in program quiting itself.
with running windows 7 from start Splinter Cell doesnt even run...

Any chance I can get a little help with this...
THANK YOU!
Somewhat confused by the top part.
And do you have all the latest video drivers installed on the Bootcamp side of your machine?

OP
M
Reaction score
well by installing the boot camp driver into windows side... it should install the video driver... shouldnt it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
well by installing the boot camp driver into windows side... it should install the video driver... shouldnt it?

Yea, but they tend to release new drivers every so often. I would check on the nVidia website and see if there are new video drivers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Yes it should install the video driver from bootcamp, Your screen should have flickered. If you go to hardware properties if it has a triangle with a ! on it then it has not installed video drivers. From the get go it should work at 1400x900. You should also check your settings on your game as it should be able to run at the optimal resolution as well.

Also you really shouldn't play games through VM ware as it taxes your system way to much and will result in poor performance. I recommend installing steam booted up in windows 7 and installing your game. Also steam usually allows you to set your video settings for the games.

I have also found that booting off of a boot camp partition really screws with programs if you use it virtually then boot normally into it. I also recommend only using image files for Virtual boot ups and not the boot camp partition. Just my opinion as it screws with too many settings as it uses different drivers in VM ware than when booted natively...

As s2odin stated. nvidia.com will have updated drivers under support/ drivers.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.