Mac can only boot broken GRUB

Reaction score
You read the title, when booting I can only acces a broken GRUB and this is how I might have done it wrong. I installed Ubuntu the first time using dual-booting which I think is the worst way since it could be done better by using a Virtual Machine such as Parralels or VMware. Well later I noticed that after removing Ubuntu there was still 2 problems 1.when selecting a OS during startup When I select "Windows" it goes to a broken GRUB which displays something like this " Use tab to complete the first commands" GRUB><where you're suppose to type> and I can't type so I hard reboot it. 2. I could not get rid of LinuxSwap. Much later I removed LinuxSwap by booting in a Ubuntu live disk and then removing the partition as well as the Linux "/" and after booting to Mac OS X leopard disk0s1 the Mac OS X system partition was mounted which was bad since it was suppose to be invisible to even the root user unless viewed by terminal on any user. Now later I reformatted it as "Mac OS X something extended" and at first it was unjointed and impossible to mount and after I reformatted it it appeared as disk0s3. Now the problem appeared.
This is the stuff I can do
1. I can type some commands in the GRUB but when I typed find / the output is something like can't find /
2. I might be able to boot up a live disk however my Linux Ubuntu live disk is broken.
3. this is my dad's second hand Mac G5 iSight, not mine and it was a bargain, it was cheaper than my iPad with Mac OS X Leopard 10.5#
4. I'm new to Mac-forums

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you install the PPC version of Ubuntu? The latest versions of Ubuntu as far as I know are for the Intel platform only. The last PPC supported version of Ubuntu was 6.10. See this LINK for info.

OP
B
Reaction score
Reply.

I actually don't know. but I'm sure it was a Intel version. The mac is a Intel mac not a PPC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.