Issue with firewire drive and USB mouse

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a firewire 800 external enclosure for my new 750G drive I am preparing for my 2009 unibody macbook pro 15". When the drive starts with major activity, and some other times when the drive is going there is an annoying lag, or "jumpyness" with my mouse cursor. When I use the trackpad everything is fine.

I just reloaded OSX for the purpose of changing out my internal drive which was filling up and starting to give poor performance. I don't think its a major issue, plus, I think it will go away when I put this one inside the computer (on SATA BUS). However, it would be great to figure out why its doing it to begin with.

Any ideas>>>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Hi All,

I have a firewire 800 external enclosure for my new 750G drive I am preparing for my 2009 unibody macbook pro 15". When the drive starts with major activity, and some other times when the drive is going there is an annoying lag, or "jumpyness" with my mouse cursor. When I use the trackpad everything is fine.

I just reloaded OSX for the purpose of changing out my internal drive which was filling up and starting to give poor performance. I don't think its a major issue, plus, I think it will go away when I put this one inside the computer (on SATA BUS). However, it would be great to figure out why its doing it to begin with.

Any ideas>>>

Well is the 750gb drive a 9.5mm drive or is it a 12.5mm drive? Because the latter will not fit properly in the MBP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.