Issues with new Magic Trackpad

Reaction score
Hi,

I am fairly new to my iMac, I've had it for a few months now and mostly do my design work on it. I got a Magic Trackpad for my Christmas and I cant seem to get it to work. I can get the pointer to move (done through bluetooth) when I run my fingers along the Trackpad but nothing else seems to be working.

I read that you must have Mac OS X 10.6.4 or above, I have 10.5.8 and tried to update my software but my Mac says I have the most up to date software.

The questions I have are can I get this Trackpad to work with the OS I have? If not can I get an upgrade or do I have to buy it?

Thanks.
Stephen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Your copy of Leopard is up to date, 10.5.8.

However you need to get Snow leopard, version 10.6. You will have to buy the upgrade, but the good news is that the new version of OSX is only $29

OP
S
Reaction score
unprient the

Ok cool. Thanks for the speedy response. I'll get the upgrade done.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
exceyboo 1801

I just got a magic trackpad and it works great. The only issue i have is that I can't get our second mac to "forget" it. Basically, when I am using the pad, it is effecting both macs. I "disconnected it" under the blue tooth menu, but everytime the pad is turned back on, it automatically pics up on the unwanted mac.

any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Click the bluetooth menu bar icon and choose "Open bluetooth preferences". Then select your device and click "-" to forget it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.