Itunes Help

Reaction score
I need help! I cannot open my itunes application or library. When I click on itunes it tells me it cannot open the library because it was created with a newer version. I have a MacBook- hard drive was replaced about a month ago, and I haven't had the time to fix it until now and I can't figure it out.
I am running on Mac OS X 10.4, so I can't upgrade to the new Itunes because I have to be operating on 10.5.
Any ideas? I've tried to install itunes 9.0.2, but it won't open either- same message. Can anyone help?
The worst part is that I just got an ipad for christmas, and it seems to want me to open itunes before I do anything..... weird!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Welcome

If i was you i would do a backup ASAP, because you need to install either X.5 or X.6 to get the new iTunes to run the iPad....... Until you have iTunes 10 your iPad is just a paper weight ATM

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.