Surround Sound woes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4GHz i5 MBP 15", 300MHz G3 iBook Tangerine, G3 400MHz iMac BondieB, G4 iMac 17", Quad G5 PowerMac.
Hi!

I currently have a surround sound unit, an XForce 1H and am having many problems connecting it to my MBP, (15" i5) and I seriously need some help.

Im currently connected to it via the headphone jack, (not TOSlink) and it is obviously only registering 2 speakers in the audio settings.

I know that MBP can support TOSlink, but the surround sound is Phono connected. So I don't know what to do, can someone help please?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
In your case since your speakers do not have a TOSLink jack, only way I know of is an external USB sound card. Someone else might be able to give you a better answer, but that is the only way around your issue that I know of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.