Odd line on MacBook Pro Screen

Reaction score
I have a new 13 inch macbook pro that I bought last month and I am running Snow Leopard on it. I have a 32 inch flatscreen tv that I like to plug my MBP into to watch movies using a Mini DisplayPort to VGA converter. After plugging it in, the quality on the T.V. is good but I am noticing some lines running through the screen of my MBP. These lines aren't prominent and it's like one line that comes up every 30 seconds or so, depending on what I am watching. It doesn't show up on my tv, just my MBP. Could this be a problem that could get worse with time and has anyone had a similar experience? It there a way to resolve it without taking it to my local apple reseller?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello - Welcome to the forums,

that doesn't really sound right at all, I'm not to sure what it could be, but if it continues to appear to have that line, then I would perhaps book in to see one of them at the apple store, if they can't fix it, then they will replace it I think as its under the warranty. Shouldn't really happen after a month.

Although, there maybe a simple solution to fix it that i'm not aware off.

Cheers, hope your problem gets resolved.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.