question about timing of MBP purchase

Reaction score
Hello, I am looking at buying a MBP sometime in the future for college.

I was thinking about waiting for the new gen of 13 inch to come out, with a better processor, but I realized that they might not even upgrade the processor at all.. and I would be waiting until like summer :(

Or on the other hand I could just buy a 15 inch this week, have an i5 (the processor I prefer), and have it for my spring semester.

Which would you guys do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Hello, I am looking at buying a MBP sometime in the future for college.

I was thinking about waiting for the new gen of 13 inch to come out, with a better processor, but I realized that they might not even upgrade the processor at all.. and I would be waiting until like summer :(

Or on the other hand I could just buy a 15 inch this week, have an i5 (the processor I prefer), and have it for my spring semester.

Which would you guys do?

This has been discussed many times before.

Do you need it now? Buy it now.
Can you wait? Then wait.

Wel what if they don't upgrade the processors? Then get a 15" with the i5 then, they should be a bit cheaper.
If it were me, I would get it now as I don't expect a big update from Apple.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@OP

See this LINK which helps to determine when is the best time to buy a Mac computer, or Apple device.

OP
C
Reaction score
@OP

See this LINK which helps to determine when is the best time to buy a Mac computer, or Apple device.

It says there will be an update soon, but I heard that the announcement will be in early 2011, and the laptops will be available 3-4 months later.

Did apple do this before, announce it then take over 90 days to supply it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
It says there will be an update soon, but I heard that the announcement will be in early 2011, and the laptops will be available 3-4 months later.

Did apple do this before, announce it then take over 90 days to supply it?

Nobody knows.

Refer to my post.
If you can wait, wait.
If you need it now, buy it now.

Apple isn't always known to be the first company on the technology bandwagon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yep agree with the Above ..

WE just dont know what Apple will do with the Upgrades ... As the MBA took quite a while to update the machine ....

Need Now Get Now
If not wait until Maybe they might update it ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.