HD wont talk with my Mac

Reaction score
My Mac and my external HD won't talk (it's Christmas, everyone should be talking, right?). All other forums online didn't have my problem exactly. Here's the deal:

-external HD DOES show up in Disk Utility (i have also run a repair and verification and Disk Utility said there was no problem)

-HD DOES show up in system profiler

-HD DOES NOT show up in Finder

-none of the files on the HD show up in a spotlight search

-Everything works fine on another Mac

-I have reset the PRAM

PowerPC G4

I'm poor that's why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2xiMac24 w Parallels 6 (1x White, 1x Aluminum), iPhone 3GS with iOS5
Try restarting with the drive connected. My Firewire 400 drives are only mountable this way some days.

If the drive is new and you will use it only on Mac then reformat it. All externals are formatted with FAT32 I believe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Did it before Christmas show up in finder ?? Have you done anything since the last time it showed that COULD have done something to the HDD ..

At the end of the day it could be that the Ext HD has gone south, Kaput :( To Show everywhere but have nothing to show ??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.