Sims 3 unknown error after update

Reaction score
Long problem. Downloaded Sims 3 from Direct 2 Drive. Installed no problem. Game got to a point where it would take so long to load up and then there was major lag in the game. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. Installed fine but when it asks to update it runs the update and then says 'unknown error' when I try to run the game. I tried again to uninstall and reinstall but I get the same message after the update. This game worked fine before, what do I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums.

Do you still have your account active with Direct2Drive? You should be able to download Sims 3 without having to pay for it again. It sounds like something is corrupt.

Sims 3 is a demanding game both in Windows and OS X. You need hard drive space, memory, and the latest patches before it will run OK. Download it once more and reinstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.