MAC Newbbie!!! G5 Start-up Problems....

Reaction score
So i got this G5 that was given to me by a friend. It does not boot. When i turn the computer on it displays a white blinking light in the front, about 3-4 seconds apart from each other. After 5 minutes or so the fans star blowing rather hard, noisy per-say.

Can you guys please help, id greatly appreciate it!

Its a Silver Aluminum G5, just incase

Reaction score
Disconnect the hard drive and try to start it up...see if you get flashing ? mark. Reseat the video card and the memory sticks first.

OP
H
Reaction score
so even after i reset everything the display is still black and the desktop is still displaying that 3-4 aparts blinking white LED.......got anything else for me lol

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you disconnect the hard drive as was suggested?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
yes i did, nothing. Still the same blinking white LED

OK. Check out this response to the same problem as posted on the ifixit web site. See if it helps. LINK

They also sell parts on the site.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.