Itunes won't sync "clean' songs

Reaction score
I recently installed the updated itunes, on my dell, and when i went to sync my itouch 4 many songs that were labeled "clean" won't sync. I don't get any error message and all these songs were purchased under the account that i still use.

Does anybody know what could be the cause of this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
Did "Only sync checked songs and videos" get turned on in the iPod preferences? Also, do you have your entire library set to update, or is it just a certain playlist that is copied over?

Check and ensure the files are being told to update to the iPod. Good luck!

OP
S
Reaction score
It didn't work

Yes I did that and still the songs are set to sync, but yet they are not transferred to my itouch. It seems that they aren't transferred because they have a label "clean" on them and I don't know why this would stop them from syncing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Unibody, C2D 2.0GHz, 4GB, 500GB
I am going to try this on my iTunes library and see if I can make any sense of it. I will set the label on a few songs to "Clean" and see what happens.

Edit: Hmm, I can't seem to find "Label" in the editing screen. What field are you putting that into?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't think anyone else knows what you're talking about.

At least, I don't have a clue what you mean by they are "labeled clean"

Reaction score
'Clean' music sync issues

I'm having the same problem. What he means by "clean" is the iTunes labeling that shows a song as "explicit" or "clean". An explicit song presumably has lyrics that aren't suitable for children under the age of 13. Frequently, they bleep those lyrics out or substitute the words to make a "clean" version. Unfortunately, the "clean" versions don't appear to by syncing with my daughter's phone. We've got the Restrictions set to ON, and the Music & Podcast settings are set to allow "clean" songs. I tried setting it to allow Explicit songs, but the "clean" songs still do not sync. There is no way to manually set that info at the song level. It is somehow embedded in the DRM, I assume. Anyone know what's up here? This only started happening recently. I'm assuming it was a software issue with 4.2.1, but I'm not sure.

Reaction score
Me too

I'm also having the same problem. I tried syncing 11 "clean" labelled songs onto my iPhone. I have always been able to do this without a problem before, but as soon as I got 4.1.2 for iPhone it says that all songs are syncing but the clean songs aren't showing up on my iPhone. How can I fix this?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The only fix to the issue I've seen currently is to allow Explicit songs.

On the iPod go into Settings...General...Restrictions...(Allowed Content:) Music & Podcasts and turn to ON the Allow Music & Podcasts Rated EXPLICIT.

Head here to report this bug:

Apple - iPod touch - Feedback

Until they fix it, it's going to mean some extra work for parents probably involving making sure any Explicit songs sitting in iTunes are not checked if you don't want them synced to your children's device.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.