Can anyone tell me how to remove GoToMyPC software?

Reaction score
I beta tested Gotomypc for Mac and got a year of free service which I rarely used. Now my account has expired but the software is still running on my iMac, with the "My PC" logo in the upper right corner of my screen. I want to remove the software but it's not located in the applications folder. Their website says to begin the uninstall process by logging into their website and deleting my computer from my account. Since my account is not active, it diverts me to a page asking for my credit card number to reactivate my account. Anyone know how I can get this program off my Mac???
I thought software games like this ended years ago. Citrix sucks!

[email protected]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Welcome to Mac-Forums

First thing to try is to look in System Preferences for options for the application. If it is there, there might even be an unistall option.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And if you are un able to find the uninstaller, download AppTrap and activate that and drag to trash.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Those same directions also state to remove the application just like any other once you have removed the computer from the gotomypc account.

Have not used it myself, but best I found - looks like Buzzard is correct - it's options are in System Preferences. Would guess that is where it would have it's uninstaller. If you've already removed some portion of it without using the uninstaller, you may need to download it, re-install first, then run the uninstaller.

Reaction score
GoToMyPc removal

Finally, I got that D--- GTMPc pop up off my MAC. It was in fact in "preferences" and I was able to delete there. Thanks for the tip.

Reaction score
How to remove the GoToMyPC icon from menu bar

If you are like me and years ago deleted GoToMyPC from the applications folder but still see the GTPC in your menu bar here's how I got rid of it. Open your startup drive, open System folder, open Library folder, open LaunchAgents folder. Look for file named "com.citrixonline.GoToMyPC.LaunchAgent.plist" Trash it! Restart and it's gone!!!!! Well at least the icon is gone.

The activity monitor still shows 3 items running that I think are GoToMyPC elements. g2p_commagenthost, g2p_launcherhost and g2p_security host. Now if I could only find how those are getting launched.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
When using the drag to the trash method of removing an app that came with it's own installer and you're now stuck with some of it's parts still launching...

You need to reinstall the app and use the uninstaller provided by the app.
In the case of GTMPC, after you have reinstalled it, you will open System Preferences, find it's icon there and then use it's uninstaller.

Any app that uses an installer to place items in the OS X system folders, you cannot remove that app by just dragging the app icon to the trash.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.