macair - who to buy from?

Reaction score
suggestions.

i can buy from apple (i get a slight discount) but that's more than offset by taxes.

of course i'd like to get it as cheap as possible - but also from an authorized dealer just in case of warranty work.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
There's really not a lot of "Brick & Mortar" stores to buy from. You have the Apple Store, Best Buy, Fry's, Micro Center, etc....maybe a couple others. Then you have a whole bunch of online stores (Newegg, Fry's, TigerDirect, MacMall...etc. etc. etc.)...you got to do your own research to find the deal that works best for you.:)

HTH,

- Nick

C

chas_m

The only way you're going to get a bigger discount on a current model than the one you get from Apple is to a) buy refurbished, b) buy a floor model or c) buy used.

Most Apple Authorized Resellers follow the MAP guidelines. Translation: very little price variance from dealer to dealer. Buy from Apple, buy from local dealers -- it's likely to be the same basic price. The only difference is that you'd be helping the local dealer stick around longer by buying from them.

There are other items where you can save serious money by comparison shopping, but new Mac hardware? Not so much.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.