External DVD Burner PROB...

Reaction score
Im having some very frustrating external burner problems...

Heres what i have Powerbook 15" and just bought a Memorex 16x RW,

Software: Mactheripper and Popcorn I also have Toast 6. Both Popcorn and Toast reconizes that im using a Memorex (after i downloaded a driver called Patchburn - which I found out that I needed after i got my first Error Code 0x80020023)

Now I get "Burning the disc failed because this type of cd is not supported (Error Code 0x80020043)" as well as "The disc failed to be written"

Im using DVD-R dvds (could that be the problem) thnx......

Reaction score
n2themuzic said:
Im having some very frustrating external burner problems...

Heres what i have Powerbook 15" and just bought a Memorex 16x RW,

Software: Mactheripper and Popcorn I also have Toast 6. Both Popcorn and Toast reconizes that im using a Memorex (after i downloaded a driver called Patchburn - which I found out that I needed after i got my first Error Code 0x80020023)

Now I get "Burning the disc failed because this type of cd is not supported (Error Code 0x80020043)" as well as "The disc failed to be written"

Im using DVD-R dvds (could that be the problem) thnx......

If you read the patchburn site, they don't promise compatablity with all drives. Samsungs are known to be problematic. At what speed were you trying to write the -R? The Memorex drive will not write 16x DVD-R media.

ed724

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I would try a different brand of DVD media. I would use something other than Memorex. I would also stay away from some of the cheap stuff.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.