NTFS app did things wrong with my mac

Reaction score
Greetings ,,
I've recently downloaded and installed an app that allows me to write on
NTFS external hard disc from here :
Download NTFS-3G for Mac - Read-write NTFS filesystem driver. MacUpdate.com
but I didn't like it so I've deleted it with Appzapper
now when I search in spotlight , I don't find the NTFS app
but the problem is that when I connect the external hard disk to the mac , this messege comes on :
http://www7.0zz0.com/2010/12/23/15/499597289.jpg
when I click Abort , I don't see an icon for the external hard disk on my desktop
when I click Force , I see the icon on my desktop but it adds this file into my external hard disk :
http://www6.0zz0.com/2010/12/23/18/686202816.jpg
and inside it :
http://www6.0zz0.com/2010/12/23/18/689296224.jpg
and inside it :
http://www6.0zz0.com/2010/12/23/18/281410779.jpg
now when I delete the first file that messege appears when I connect the external hard disk
but when I don't delete it the messege doesn't appear
now how can I solve the problem ?? I want it like I've never installed that
app , please Helpppp , the mac is new and i don't want problems in it .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I would install it again, and then go to the preference pane, and disable it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Unfortunately, MacFUSE and NTFS-3G have been and remain pretty flaky. I didn't think so at first, but after having experimented with them through many different versions, I have come to the conclusion that the reliability of my data is more important than the $30 it costs to get a professionally developed solution that is reliable.

I recommend removing MacFUSE and NTFS-3G completely and replace it with Paragon's NTFS for Mac. Well worth the money (especially now that it makes R/W access to the Mac partitions from Windows possible).

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Unfortunately, MacFUSE and NTFS-3G have been and remain pretty flaky. I didn't think so at first, but after having experimented with them through many different versions, I have come to the conclusion that the reliability of my data is more important than the $30 it costs to get a professionally developed solution that is reliable.

I recommend removing MacFUSE and NTFS-3G completely and replace it with Paragon's NTFS for Mac. Well worth the money (especially now that it makes R/W access to the Mac partitions from Windows possible).

Ditto

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Here are the uninstall instructions from the PDF
hem.bredband.net/catacombae/ntfs-3g/macntfs-3g_userguide.pdf

NTFS-3G can be easily uninstalled using the Uninstall NTFS-3G... button in the NTFS-3G preference pane, which should be available in System Preferences once you have installed the package. See section 4 for a description of the other features in the preference pane.
If this should fail for some reason, an uninstall script exists at the following location: /System/Library/Filesystems/ntfs-3g.fs/Support/uninstall-ntfs-3g.sh

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey

Completely agree. And since the Paragon utility/driver is currently selling for $19.95, it's a great bargain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.