How to stop applications from launching?

Reaction score
Hi all,

Would really appreciate it if someone would instruct me how to stop applications from automatically launching themselves during start-up. Many Thanks. Have a blessed Christmas!

Aaron

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 2.26 | 500GB Seagate Momentus | 2GB 1066 (soon to be 8)
Apple -> System Preferences -> Accounts -> (click on your account) -> Login Items (at the top)

Then just uncheck what you dont want to start.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Apple -> System Preferences -> Accounts -> (click on your account) -> Login Items (at the top)

Then just uncheck what you dont want to start.

I personally have tried this, but the one application which still persists to launch when I fire up my MBP is TruPhone. The box is un-checked, but it still launches automatically, and is doing me head in.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I personally have tried this, but the one application which still persists to launch when I fire up my MBP is TruPhone. The box is un-checked, but it still launches automatically, and is doing me head in.
This just hides it....
Highlight TruPhone, and then click the - under the dialogue box.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 12TB Yosmite
Excellent, thanks, that should do the trick, Merry Christmas!

C

chas_m

Another method, just for everyone's education:

Right-click (or control-click) on the running app's icon in the dock. If the "Open at Login" option has a check mark, re-select it and now it won't. Done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.