iPhoto Smart Album Unexpected Results

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8Ghz MBP, 4GB RAM, 320 GB 7200RPM HD
Problem: I have created a Smart Album in iPhoto with only one criteria (Filename contains _1). The result is that only one photo appears in the Smart Album.

When I look in my library at the filenames of photos I know that I have HUNDREDS. Spotlight confirms this and they are located in my iPhoto Library folder.

I assume that there is something wrong with the index that iPhoto is using.

How do I fix this?

BTW: The purpose of this smart album is to delete duplicates in my iPhoto Library.

Computer Stats:
1.67 Ghz PowerBook G4 running OS X 10.4.2.
iPhoto version 5.0.4

Thanks in advance!

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I rebuilt my iPhoto library by opening iPhoto while pressing CMD+Option+Shift and checking all of the boxes. Still no results which list all of my duplicate photos.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I'm sure iPhoto is just trying to find a file, which fits exactly the criteria of what you typed in, which only returns you one result.

But there is a app called iPhoto Diet, which will eliminate duplicate photos created internally by iPhoto or imported by yourself. And it's free too! :cool:

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the link to iPhoto Diet. However, there is something wrong with the way iPhoto is searching for files. The exact same search in Spotlight delivers several hundred photos meeting the criteria located in my iPhoto Library. The Smart Folder in iPhoto delivers a result of only ONE photo. There is something else going on here that I am unaware of.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.