Recharging allowed?

Reaction score
Took off on vacation and forgot the recharger for my video camera.

Anyone know if I can use a 3.7 V output charger for a cell phone to recharge the video camera that requires 8.4 DC V?

I plugged it in for a second and the recharge light came on, but I don't know if it may cause damage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
A lower DC charger shouldn't cause damage but it may not even charge the camera being quite a weak charge to what it requires, but like I say try not too use a charger not made for the product.

- Simon

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The lower voltage charger may work to give a "trickle" charge to your video camera, however, it will probably take forever to get the higher capacity cells even charged a little bit. Buy another charger for the video camera while on vacation. That way you'll have a spare. :Smirk:

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks for the input.

Recharged overnight but didn't work. Camera just tells me to recharge the battery pack. If it wasn't the 24th I would just buy another charger or battery, but out here in the countryside nothing is open.

Reaction score
Didn't see this but would have said no. You are not providing enough voltage to the circuit to initialize it so it won't even power up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.