Normal battery health ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
Noticed this today.. I haven't charged my macbook pro for about a day or so.. using it on and off.. closed the lid this morning with about 15% left.. came home hours later to find it dead.. started it back up (plugged in the power adapter) and it resumed itself to where I had left it (a couple windows open, excel, etc)..

I opened up coconut (why? I dont know).. and noticed my battery health had gone from 97% to 91%..

normal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Shouldn't decrease by that much, it could be reflecting the loss of battery life and having to save your current progress in memory. Give it a couple of days of normal use and see if it returns to normal.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.4GHz w/ WD My Book 500GB HDD. MacBook Pro 2.4GHz. iPhone 5, white, 16 Gigs.
If you are not using Bluetooth of notifications for critical applications, make sure to disable them, or turn them off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
I don't believe Coconut Battery is super accurate. Your health percentage will vary. Sometimes I get a higher percentage and sometimes I get a lower percentage. Think of it as more of an estimate because it seems to be usually in the general percentage range so a jump from 97% to 91% probably means that your battery's health wasn't really effected much. If you check back at a different time you'll probably get a different number as well.

People who constantly check their battery health will probably go crazy because the results do seem to fluctuate from time to time. That also feeds into some people's paranoia because they freak out whenever the percentage changes even though I don't think it's entirely that accurate. If your percentage went from 97% to something like 42% then I would be worried. Unless there is a problem with my battery I don't really check on it. I've noticed it just adds to people's battery paranoia.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't believe Coconut Battery is super accurate. Your health percentage will vary. Sometimes I get a higher percentage and sometimes I get a lower percentage. Think of it as more of an estimate because it seems to be usually in the general percentage range so a jump from 97% to 91% probably means that your battery's health wasn't really effected much. If you check back at a different time you'll probably get a different number as well.

People who constantly check their battery health will probably go crazy because the results do seem to fluctuate from time to time. That also feeds into some people's paranoia because they freak out whenever the percentage changes even though I don't think it's entirely that accurate. If your percentage went from 97% to something like 42% then I would be worried. Unless there is a problem with my battery I don't really check on it. I've noticed it just adds to people's battery paranoia.

You know what? You're completely right..

I'm going to delete coconut just to stop myself from looking at it..

I was doing the same thing with my HTC EVO 4G for the longest time, until I realized all those battery widgets and so on were just adding to my nervousness.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs, 1 MBP, 1 UMB, 1 mini
I would hate to add another power widget to the evo, because it would ADD to the battery drain. I spent 4 months with that phone and I swear it had the worst battery life of any phone I have had for the last 5 or 6 years.

OP
whitehorse84
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Off the bat i'd agree with you.. but now after configuring it, I get an easy 10-12 hours worth of life on it.. so I'm good with it now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.