Bootcamp Dual Boot with Windows7

Reaction score
I bought a macbook Pro and want to dual boot my Mac OS and Windows 7. I downloaded Windows 7 from Technet which gave me a full version with a valid license key. Burned to a CD went through bootcamp rebooted but getting an error that their is no Bootable devices to boot from. Looks like it doesn't see the dvd is a bootable device. I have Toast installed and disk utility and i cant seem to figure out how to burn this to DVD and make it bootable. Now everytime I turn on my Mac I have to hold down the option button to get to my MAc OS, if I don't do that then it keeps looking for a bootable dvd. I tried holding down the C button and it still wont boot. Can anyone help? How do I make my dvd bootable using Toast or diskutility or any other way?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you download an executable from Technet or was it an ISO? If it was an executable you first have to run it from Windows to get an ISO file. Once you have the ISO file, just burn it to a DVD using Disk Utility or Toast.

Next time you boot holding the Option key, go to System Preferences, Startup Disk, and select your MacIntosh HD as default. After doing that it will boot directly to OS X.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.