Fast Blink

C

CubeStyle

I had some problems out of my G4 cube a while back, wouldn't boot up, then it would boot halfway up, etc. Fortunately it seemed to corect itself.

Now I'm having something weird as well. The display is giving a fast blink on the power indicator. ???

It seems to work fine for now, but the whole time it is awake, i'm getting a steady fast blink.

Any ideas???

I guess I should add that I'm kind of lost when it comes to problem with my mac, considering this is the fifth year i've had this particular machine and am just now starting to have intermittent issues.

OP
R

Racing666

CubeStyle said:
I had some problems out of my G4 cube a while back, wouldn't boot up, then it would boot halfway up, etc. Fortunately it seemed to corect itself.

Now I'm having something weird as well. The display is giving a fast blink on the power indicator. ???

It seems to work fine for now, but the whole time it is awake, i'm getting a steady fast blink.

Any ideas???

I guess I should add that I'm kind of lost when it comes to problem with my mac, considering this is the fifth year i've had this particular machine and am just now starting to have intermittent issues.

is one of the buttons stuck on the display? i had that happen to a monitor i used to have...the brightness + button would stick and cause the display led to flash really fast...

OP
C

CubeStyle

No, unfortunatley that's not the problem.

It is consistent with powering down issues. I got it to power back up today, but the LED on the display is still blinking, so I expect it to crash any time now.

Is it possible that the power box for the Cube could be the problem???

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.