Having Mac's and PC's share printer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL
Ok I've got two Mac and two PC in the household.

I've got an older Airport Extreme g router. The speed is fine. Yeah I'd like to have an n router but I'm not sure if the Mac's would take advantage of that anyway, since they are at the time just before that turning point. Anyway, I don't have a manual for the Airport Extreme (never did, since it was gift) so I'm not sure if I can set it up so both the Mac's and the PC can share the printer off of the Airport Extreme. It has a USB port so I assume it can.

Currently I have cable going to the cable modem then to the Airport which is hardwired to one Mac. That Mac is hardwired to the printer. I can print from the other wireless Mac, but not from either of the wireless PCs.

Any ideas?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you installed Bonjour Print Services for Windows? Go to this LINK.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac5, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.16 GHz, 3 GB, and a similar Mac Mini, both on SL
Ok downloaded that to one of my PCs. Thought I had went through the process of setting it up correctly. It appears to recognize the printer on my Mac, but will not print
Any ideas?

Reaction score
Ok downloaded that to one of my PCs. Thought I had went through the process of setting it up correctly. It appears to recognize the printer on my Mac, but will not print
Any ideas?

Do you have the correct printer drivers on the PC? (I know that may sound like a dumb question)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.