Conversion software

Reaction score
Is there any software that can convert windows applications(and/or software) to have mac compatability? I've tried crossover and that didn't work so if there are any other availabilities please tell me. Thank you.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
That's a good one...now I've heard it all.;) Convert a Windows application to work on a Mac! Sorry...it doesn't work that way!;)

A better & more "doable" solution:

- install "bootcamp" on your Intel based Mac
- install Parallels Windows emulation program
- install VMware Fusion (similar to Parallels)

HTH,

- Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah but iv'e heard that emulation programs for windows are very efficient. But if you've tried them and they've been successful, send me a link to a download sight for one.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
yeah but iv'e heard that emulation programs for windows are very efficient.

Parallels & VMware Fusion are emulation programs...and as far as I'm concerned work well (of course this depends on what apps. you want to run). "Bootcamp" is something that you install on a separate hard drive partition, install the version of Windows you want to use...then install the desired Windows apps.

But if you've tried them and they've been successful, send me a link to a download sight for one.

The emulation programs (Parallels or VMware Fusion) can be downloaded for free (just go to each programs website)...but they are something like 30 day trials. Beyond that...you must pay for them.

"Bootcamp" is also free (provided by Apple)...but it's just a utility program to help with the process. In either case (Bootcamp or an emulation program)...you still need a valid/legal copy of Windows to complete the install.

If you don't know what I mean by "Bootcamp"...I would recommend doing some research first.

HTH,

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum. Title edited for proper wording and spelling.

Reaction score
sight = site? :p

Nope, you can't just convert code that way.... Best to use Parallels, VMWare or Bootcamp. What program do you need to "convert"?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.